Swiss Chard salad is one of the most popular salads in Chile. Swiss chard is easy to grow, quick to cook, cheap and available year round, a permanent favorite of any mom. Here in the USA, I’m shocked at how expensive it is. Nowadays, I grow it myself, and I encourage you to do the same!
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Simple Swiss chard salad
for 2 people:
- 1 bunch of Swiss chard (any color)
- salt, oil, white wine vinegar
- pepper optional
- Wash the spinach, cut the stems and chop into slices.
- Place in a pan with a lid. There is no need to dry the chard; the same water will help to make steam. Season with salt.
- Place over medium-high covered, stirring occasionally. Cook for 5 minutes or until cooked and wilded look. Take off the heat immediately.
- Dress while hot with vinegar, oil, and pepper. Adjust salt to taste.
- Toss and serve warm or at room temperature.