This cake is so classic in Chile. It was the first cake I made here in the U.S. , 10 years ago for my husband’s birthday and last week I made it again for my daughter’s 9th. Both are chocolate lovers and this easy and delicious cake is perfect for busy parents.
Ladyfingers Cookie Cake
for a small cake 8-10 people
- 3 packets of ladyfingers (I like Italian brands)
- 1 box of instant chocolate pudding ( which I needed to buy 2 cups milk )
- 1 cup whipping cream very cold
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup of milk to soak the cookies
- Prepare pudding according to package directions.
- Whip cream on high until it starts to form soft waves, lower the mixer speed to medium and add the sugar in a rain motion, beat again at high speed until it forms stiff peaks.
- Mix chocolate pudding with cream gently using a spatula.
- Place milk in a bowl.
- Place a thin layer of chocolate cream on the plate where they will assemble and serve the cake.
- “Soak” each cookie on milk, 1 second per side, and layer the cookies on top of the cream.
- Remember that if one layer cookies are horizontal, the following must be upright.
- Place chocolate cream between each layer.
- Top with remaining cream and decorate to taste.