We are at the height of heat here in Houston, we woke up to 28-30 Celsius degrees at 7 AM and after lunch temperatures reach 36-38 Celsius degrees easily every day. My visits to my urban gardens are becoming shorter and at 10:30 AM we stop working, pack and go home. You always have to leave the house with water, and never, never leave a child or pet alone in a car, even for 5 minutes. So we have plenty of excuses to eat ice cream, so a while ago I purchased this mold to make paletas from Amazon. Once frozen and remove, I keep them in bags in the freezer so they are ready to eat. Enjoy these Chocolate Banana Paletas.
This recipe is easy and delicious and almost does not need added sugar.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Chocolate Banana Paletas
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 tablespoons of dark cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- sugar to taste
- Place everything in the blender and process until a homogeneous batter form.
- Taste and adjust the sugar and chocolate to taste.
- Pour into molds and freeze overnight.
- Serve cold.