We are at the height of heat here in Houston, we woke up to 28-30 Celsius degrees at 7 AM and after lunch temperatures reach 36-38 Celsius degrees easily everyday. My visits to my urban gardens are becoming shorter and at 10:30AM we stop working, pack and go home. You always have to leave the house with water, and never, never leave a child or pet alone in a car, even for 5 minutes.
So we have plenty of excuses to eat ice cream, so a while ago I purchased this mold to make paletas from Amazon. Once frozen and remove, I keep them in bags in the freezer so they are ready to eat.
This recipe is easy and delicious, and almost does not need added sugar.
Chocolate Banana Paletas
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 tablespoons of dark cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- sugar to taste
- Place everything in the blender and process until a homogeneous batter form.
- Taste and adjust the sugar and chocolate to taste.
- Pour into molds and freeze overnight.
- Serve cold.