Actually, I’ve never eaten one because I’m allergic to bananas, but my friends love them, when I lived in Santiago, going to Bravissimo or Tavelli to enjoy one was a usual date.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
for 1 banana split
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 scoop of chocolate ice cream
- 1 scoop of strawberry ice cream
- Whipped cream ( 1 cup cream + 2 tablespoons sugar )
- chocolate sauce (1/2 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet )
- Assemble a water bath in a small saucepan, place 1 inch of water and let it boil, lower the heat to low and place a bowl on top so it does not touch the water, melt the chocolate in the bowl. Stir occasionally, or melt chocolate in the microwave 20 seconds at a time, stirring well in the intervals, if too thick add a little cream.
- Whip cream on high until it starts to form soft waves, beating on low speed add 2 tablespoons of sugar in the form of rain, beat again at full speed until it forms stiff peaks. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut the banana in half lengthwise.
- Place between 2 halves of banana 1 scoop of strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate.
- Top with a little or a lot of whipped cream, garnish with chocolate sauce.
- Serve immediately.