In Chile, pickled onions traditionally make with pearl onions and red wine vinegar. But this was kind of a last minute idea. The flavor is the same.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Easy Pickled Onions
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt or 1 teaspoon table salt
- Place onion in a jar.
- In a jar place the boiling water, sugar, and salt stir until dissolved. Add the vinegar and stir well.
- Pour over onions, cover fully.
- Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Serve or refrigerate until use.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit