This salad is a classic Monday dish during the summer in Chile, we used the left over from the Sunday BBQ, we usually grilled NY strip. You can also used the left over potatoes and grilled corn.
Is fresh and colorful, traditionally is all mixed and the veggies look like sprinkles on top of the lettuce.
Sprinkles salad (Salpicón)
for 4 people
- 1 lettuce preferably romaine,washed and chopped into strips
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 diced cooked carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced
- 1 piece of meat (400 grams) cooked and diced or sliced
- cooked corn, optional
- salt, pepper, lemon juice and oil to taste
- In a bowl place the lettuce as a bed on the bottom, on top place the remaining ingredients with the meat in the center.
- Dressing to taste with salt, pepper, lemon and vegetable oil.