Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes fascinates me, is a very popular dish in the Chilean countryside. Traditional in summer evenings always made with ripe tomatoes. When I was in Chile, last March, we ate a big pan made with tomatoes and free-range eggs and pan amasado (Chilean Country Bread), pure bliss.
Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes, Chilean recipe
- 2-3 large tomatoes, diced, seeded if you wish
- 5 eggs
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- bread to serve
- In a medium skillet, heat one tablespoon oil over medium heat, cook the garlic for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes with their juice and cook for 10 minutes. Until tomatoes are soft and all juices had evaporated.
- Add eggs and stir cook until eggs are almost cooked, remove from heat.
- The heat of the pan will finish cooking the eggs.
- Serve with country bread.